Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can I enrol for the course?
Enrolments will be open from September to November, for course commencement the following February.
2. When does the course start?
Course material will be sent out to students for the course starting 1st February.
3. How long does the course go for?
The course runs for nine full months with completion in early November.
4. Do I have to be working in order to enrol/complete this course?
Yes, you must for a NZDA member a minimum of 20 hours per week at the time of enrolment and for the duration of the course.
5. Can I complete the course if I am on a work visa?
No, you must be a permanent resident of New Zealand in order to enrol/complete this course.
6. Do I have to be working as a dental assistant within the practice?
Yes, you must be working as a dental assistant for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
7. Can I work for any dentist?
No, you must be working for an NZDA member. Please check this before sending in your enrolment forms.
8. Do I need to have access to a computer/internet?
Yes, as all of your assessments will need to be completed online, an easily accessible and reliable computer/internet is a must.
9. Will I need to attend any classes?
There are two lectures held throughout the year for students, these however are optional and will not disadvantage a student in any way if unable to be attended. All of the assessments for this course are accessed and completed online.
10. Do I need to complete the necessary resuscitation certificate before enrolment/starting the course?
No, your CORE Immediate Resuscitation Certificate needs to be completed before the end of the course. This can be done at any stage throughout the course year, with an opportunity provided by NZDA for students to complete this during the second lecture of the year.