Honorary Associate Members
In special circumstances as the Board may deem proper, the Board may elect any person who is eligible to become and Associate Member to be an Honorary Associate Member, who shall be entitled to all the privilages of an Associate Member without payment of any subscription or fee, including the New Zealand Dental Journal.
Fellows of the New Zealand Dental Association
Any person, being a Member of the Association and of the dental profession, who has rendered distinguished service to the Association, or to the promotion of dental and allied sciences, may be elected a Fellow of the New Zealand Dental Association by the Board, and such election may be announced at the official opening ceremony of a Conference of the Association or in general meeting of the Association.
Fellowship of the NZDA is an honour that does not change the membership category of the Member.
Honorary Life Members
Members of the dental profession and of scientific eminence, or persons who have rendered distinguished service to the Association, or to the promotion of dental and allied sciences; or who, in the opinion of the Board, will further or advance the interests of the Association, may be elected Honorary Members of the Association by the Board, and such election may be announced at the official opening ceremony of a Conference of the Association or in general meeting of the Association. Such election shall be for the duration of one year or for such other period in excess of one year as the Board shall determine. An Honorary Member shall have none of the liabilities of members as regards subscriptions and shall not be entitled to any vote, but shall have the privilege of attending the Annual General Meeting in each year of membership, and such other privileges as may be conferred under these Rules.
Outstanding Colleague Award
The purpose of this annual award is to:
- Encourage pride in the profession
- Celebrate and promote collegiality
- Highlight the positive contributions some dentists make to other dentists lives
- Create role models for the procession.
The award process will endeavour to encourage a feeling of pride and ownership of the Association by identifying members who contribute significantly to the profession by their "collegiality" and are thus positive health professional role models.
NZDA Prize for Case Presentation of the Year
The objective of this award is to:
- To encourage and celebrate colleagues achieving outstanding clinical results in general dental practice.
- To encourage practitioners to share clinical methods and develop their presentation skills
- To develop local continuing professional development opportunities for branches, study groups and NZDA members.
- To add valuable, current clinical case presentation-based CPD to the NZDA Annual Conference.
Submissions for the NZDA Case Presentation of the Year are now open. Submissions close 01 August 2016.
For further details and criteria please click here.
NZDA International Aid Grants
The Board of the NZDA under guidance from Craig Waterhouse, at the August 2010 Board meeting, voted to support the introduction of an increased level of support for NZDA members who take part in, or organize, voluntary oral health services in overseas arenas. The was advertised in the NZDA News and on the NZDA website. The total annual funding made available is NZ$20,000 per annum.
Members of the NZDA who are involved in voluntary overseas dental aid projects were invited to apply for funding to support their projects. This will occur annually.
To apply and for more information click here
Nelson/Marlborough Branch NZDA R.B. Beresford Scholarship for Undergraduate BDS Students
The Nelson/Marlborough Branch NZDA offers the R B Beresford Scholarship to the value of $500, to assist with course expenses for undergraduate BDS students from the region. One scholarship is awarded annually, with applications normally closing in August each year. The successful applicant would be expected to attend NZDA Branch meetings when in the region and must fulfill the following criteria:
- Currently studying for BDS at University of Otago School of Dentistry
- Has resided in the Nelson/Marlborough region for at least 5 years prior to commencing university study
- Application and current CV to be submitted the the Branch Secretary/Treasurer. The names/contact details of the current Branch Secretary can be found on the "contacts" page. Please note you need to be logged in to view the content.
Waikato/Bay of Plenty Branch Student Scholarship for Undergraduate BDS Students
The Waikato BOP Branch NZDA offers a Branch Scholarship to the value of $1000. The purpose of this student scholarship is to support and encourage young dental students during their degree and to connect them with members of the Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch of the NZDA, showcasing the collegiality and benefits the Branch can offer them in future. The successful applicant must comply with the following:
- This Scholarship is open to any student who is studying a Bachelor of Dental Surgery at University of Otago who originates from the Waikato Bay of Plenty NZDA Branch region.
- The scholarship must be applied for by 31st March each year. Details regarding the criteria and the application process can be downloaded from the Waikato BOP Branch website http://wbopnzda.org.nz/
Northland Branch NZDA Student Scholarship
The Northland Branch of the New Zealand Dental Association are delighted to offer the Northland Branch NZDA Student Scholarship. Application is open to all students in their second year of BDS training at the University of Otago who originate from the Northland region (north of Wellsford, NZ). The recipient will receive $500 per year for 4 years.
If you are from Northland and would like to apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to: Northland NZDA, firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is May 31st.
- The scholarship application should pass every academic year, or the scholarship may be terminated.
- The scholarship shall is open to students who have been accepted into the course for the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery at the University of Otago.
- If in any year there is more than one applicant, the scholarship will be awarded to the candidate chosen by the Northland Branch committee.
- The scholarship may be held with any other scholarships, as long as the terms do not conflict with the conditions of this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be offered as funds allow.
- It will be expected that the students will correspond with the Northland NZDA Branch when able to, and will attend branch meetings when in the area.
Wrigley Company Foundation NZDA Grants
The New Zealand Dental Association (NZDA) shares the goal with Wrigley Pacific to improve access to oral care and oral health education across New Zealand and we are proud to announce that applications for the 2016 Community Service Grants programme are now open. This year under the New Zealand Community Service Grant Programme, there are twelve grants across three categories.
Applications for 2016 Grants are now open. Applications close on 30 June 2016
Click the links below for funding for projects within New Zealand:
10 x USD $1,000 Community Service Grants
1 x USD $8,000 ‘Principles in Action’ Community Service Grant: introduced to help activate a larger scale project within New Zealand.
Click the link below for funding for projects within Pacific Region:
1 x USD $5,000 Pacific Region Dental Aid Grant: introduced to promote access to oral health case and education in the Pacific Islands